Lavender Essential Oil Aura Cacia
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most popular essential oil and is widely recognized for its aroma and many uses. It is generally considered one of the safest oils to use for adults and children, and scientific studies over the years have verified its many benefits. Top-selling Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil is grown in many regions across the globe and is produced more than any other essential oil sold for aromatherapy purposes.Lavender is harvested annually near or just after the summer solstice. The flowers only bloom for about two weeks, so the harvesting and distillation is often done all day and night. Lavender is harvested with a combine and immediately taken to the distillation facility.
- Paraben Petroleum Free
- No Synthetic Fragrances
- No Synthetic Colors or Stabilizers
- No Animal Testing
- 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Paraben Free
- No Synthetic Colors or Fragrances
- GC/MS Tested for Purity
- Lavender essential oil is dominated by middle notes, mainly linalool and linalyl acetate. It smells both floral and herbaceous, since the oil comes from the flower, leaves, and stems of new growth.
- Lavender blends well with many oils, including rose, neroli, rosemary, patchouli, citrus oils, and the chamomiles.
- Lavender is generally considered a middle note.
- Lavender is well known for its calming and relaxing effects. It’s ideal for adults and children and can be applied topically or diffused in the air. It is commonly used in pillow sprays, personal care products, and bath blends.
- On the skin, lavender is soothing and cleansing. Because it’s so mild, it finds its way in many products for facial care and in DIY facial recipes.
- Lavender’s cleansing properties are effective in-home care as well. It can be used in laundry, as well as to clean the home, especially light-colored surfaces, like white tile, granite, and marble.
There are so many ways to use essential oils! The above-suggested uses are just an introduction to a wide variety of quick tips and recipes available on auracacia.com. Because essential oils are highly concentrated, we recommend diluting them in a carrier product like skin care oil, water, unscented lotion, or unscented liquid soap. Follow this guide for safe, effective use.
Drops per 1 oz (2 Tbsp) carrier
|Diffusion||Follow device instructions|
Examples of carriers
- Skin care oil
- Unscented liquid soap or lotion
- Witch hazel extract
Quick Tip Add 18 drops to the water in laundry rinse cycle for fresh-scented clothes and linens.
Recipe Lavender Hand and Body Wash
A simple hand and body wash, featuring lavender essential oil.
48 drops Aura Cacia Lavender Essential Oil
4 fluid ounces unscented liquid soap, Castile-type
4 ounce Aura Cacia Amber Glass Bottle
1. Into bottle, measure soap.
2. Add lavender essential oil. Replace lid and shake gently.
3. To use, pour into palm of hand and apply to body in bath or shower. Work into a lather and rinse with warm water.
Floral Top Note
Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil.